the votes for the server are infinites

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by mcluxecraft, Nov 6, 2017.

1. mcluxecraft

mcluxecraft New Member

hello maybe is a bug but the vote for the server is infinite the users are not limit of votes

can you see this?

2. Minecraft List

Minecraft List Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure what you mean. Your server Luxecraft has 113 votes in the last 30 days: https://minecraftlist.org/server/8696

Users can vote once every 24 hours for a specific server.

Can you please explain a little more what you mean by infinite votes?

3. CompleteCircuit

CompleteCircuit New Member

aka you can vote over and over

4. Minecraft List

No, voting over and over is not allowed. Voting is restricted by IP address and username. You can vote for a different server, but not the same server within 24 hours.

5. Momshroom

Momshroom New Member

The restrictions are currently broken. You can currently vote repeatedly from the same IP with the same user name. Please fix this.

6. Minecraft List

Thank you folks. I investigated again and found that we have no duplicate votes in our database. But there may have been a bug where in spite of rejecting a vote for duplicate reasons, our system pinged votifier to register the vote. There are now additional security measures in place to make sure this does not happen.

If you still see this happening, please let me know. Thanks!

7. Momshroom

Momshroom New Member

It's not fixed. I can vote multiple times in a row, it confirms that "Your vote is registered" at the top of the page and the server receives and gives credits for multiple votes through votifier and voting plugin.

8. Minecraft List

Thanks. Which server and username did you use to test this?

9. Minecraft List

Hello all, thank you for your patience. This issue has now been fixed.

Here's what happened:
    When someone votes for a server, we store the username and the IP address of the person who is voting. The 24 hour limit applies both to the username and also to the IP address. The bug was that votes from ipv6 IP addresses weren't getting recorded in our database. So those users were able to vote repeatedly. I was testing from an IPv4 address so I couldn't reproduce that bug.

Once again, thanks for reporting the bug and persisting even when I couldn't see it myself!